JTL CDL School
Can JTL help me start a truck driving career?
Interested in starting an exciting career as a truck driver? Let one of our knowledgeable and friendly staff members help with your questions about:
We’ll provide you with a realistic view of the truck driving industry and an idea of the projected future so you can make an informed decision about if professional truck driving is the career for you.
Our admissions staff is here to provide you with the knowledge you need to help you decide if truck driving is a career you would enjoy. We do not employ high pressure sales tactics or hidden fees. Our goal is for you to succeed in our school and in the career you have chosen.
Student Requirements for Professional CDL Training
In order to be a qualified student you must be able to:
- Pass a Department of Transportation Physical.
- Pass a Drug Screen.
- Allow us to obtain your driving record for the previous 3 years, minimum
- Have no DUI/DWI in the last 5 years (subject to review).
- Have no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years (subject to review).
- Have no “Serious” moving violations in the past 5 years such as speeding 15 MPH or above, willful reckless or reckless driving (subject to review).
- Have a good employment record
- Be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records. (According to Part 391.11b2 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.)
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent. (At the school’s discretion and proof of an accepted test indicating a grade level of 9th reading and reading comprehension skills and 9th grade math skills and/or personal interview and assessment by the School, this requirement may be waived )
- Have no recent felonies, misdemeanors, or drug related convictions (subject to review)